Thursday, December 4, 2014

"Should I Stay or Should I Go?"

I started off with my blogs for a couple of reasons.  One was because I wanted to get myself in the habit of writing.  I want to be able to do some serious writing at some point.  Unfortunately, it seems that I am so brain dead by the end of the work day, that I just can't come up with anything that profound or creative for my blogs.  So it seems that I have failed in that respect.  The other reason was I thought it might enable me to make some money.  I knew I would have to have advertisements added to be able to do that.  Unfortunately, not only am I brain dead by the end of the work day, but it seems that I am just physically unable to keep up with anything anymore.  So months and months have gone by, and I still have not made any type of move toward getting any ads up.  Plus it will cost me more than I have to get any ads added anyway.  So it seems that truly I am keeping up on my blogs for no good reason at all anymore.  I haven't really established any type of following, at least according to the stats provided with the blogs.  So I feel now that I am at a crossroads.  Do I bother to continue?  Does anyone care?  Judging from the stats, no one really does.  So there seems to be little point in my continuing with my blogs.  I am disappointed, but it seems silly to continue to invest so much time every day on something that no one really cares about.  So right now, I am leaning toward discontinuing my blogs.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment