Thursday, July 24, 2014

Men vs Women at Work

I read an article on Monster.com that discussed differences in communication styles between men and women at work.  It said that women tend to use a "softer" approach (by saying things like, "wouldn't it be a good idea to . . . ", etc).  It said men are more direct.  This article indicates that men also tend to ask less questions, and women ask more.

I have actually not noticed that my female superiors have been soft in their requests.  Any female supervisors I have had have been quite direct and very assertive.  In fact, I do not recall having anyone with a particularly "soft" approach, whether it is a supervisor or a co-worker.

Have you noticed different communication styles between men and women at your place of employment?  Please feel free to comment and let me know!


career-advice.monster.com/in-the-office/workplace-issues/he-said-she-said/article.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment